"What dark secrets do the Alchemists hide inside their Laboratory? Nobody has dared to look. All we know is that their research makes our spells and troops harder, better, faster and stronger!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7|
- The Laboratory is the facility where you go to upgrade your Troops and Spells. For a single research fee of elixir, the units health, damage and cost will go up. The laboratory takes up a 4x4 space. Different levels of troops will receive graphic changes.
- If you upgrade the lab while it is researching, the research pauses until the upgrade completes. It is in your best interest to wait until finished upgrading Troops or Spells before upgrading you Laboratory because this creates a twice as long waiting process and loss of a worker until the Lab is finished upgrading.
- The level 7 laboratory contains dark elixir, although the laboratory never stores dark elixir nor collects dark elixir. It stores dark elixir now, with the Dark Elixir Troops update on March 12.
- You cannot cancel the research in progress.
- Since the 2013 update, Laboratories emit a purple glow from the entrances when upgrading troops.
- The Laboratory undergoes major graphic changes at level 3, 6 and 7.
- The Laboratory is supposed to look like as if a mad scientist owns it, as depicted by movies and TV shows. (This is based on opinion)